How to Use the UTIBRON NEOHALER
The UTIBRON NEOHALER inhaler is designed to deliver all of the medicine contained in the blister-packaged capsules. The capsules are clear, so you can visually see that the full dose has been taken. The capsules are not intended for oral use.
- Do not use UTIBRON NEOHALER unless your health care provider has taught you how to use the inhaler and you understand how to use it correctly.
- Use UTIBRON NEOHALER exactly as your health care provider tells you to use it. Do not use UTIBRON NEOHALER more often than prescribed for you.
- Do not swallow UTIBRON capsules. Only use UTIBRON capsules with the UTIBRON NEOHALER inhaler.
- Use 1 UTIBRON capsule inhaled through the NEOHALER inhaler 2 times each day (1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening).
- To make sure that the full dose has been taken, you should open the inhaler to check that there is no powder left in the capsule. As long as the capsule is empty, you have received 1 full dose.
- If you miss a dose of UTIBRON NEOHALER, take it as soon as you remember. Take your next dose at your usual time.
- Do not use 2 capsules at one time.
- Do not use more than 2 capsules in a day.
- UTIBRON capsules should always be stored in the blister strip and only removed immediately before use. Peel the backing foil away from the blister to open it, do not push the capsule through the foil.
- Always use the new NEOHALER inhaler that is provided with each new prescription.
- UTIBRON NEOHALER does not relieve sudden symptoms of COPD. Always have a rescue inhaler medicine with you to treat sudden symptoms. If you do not have a rescue inhaler medicine, call your health care provider to have a rescue inhaler prescribed for you.
- Do not stop using UTIBRON NEOHALER or other medicines to control or treat your COPD unless told to do so by your health care provider because your symptoms might get worse. Your health care provider will change your medicines as needed.
Call your health care provider or get emergency medical care right away if your breathing problems worsen with UTIBRON NEOHALER, you need to use your rescue medicine more often than usual, or your rescue inhaler medicine does not work as well for you at relieving your symptoms.
Learn the 3 i’s for using the UTIBRON NEOHALER.
To help you feel comfortable taking your medicine, we’ve created this video to help you learn to use your UTIBRON NEOHALER, and remember the 3 i’s: insert, inhale, and inspect. Please watch A Video Guide to Using the UTIBRON NEOHALER below. Read the full Instructions for Use at the end of the Medication Guide, and print them out to keep for reference.
A Video Guide to Using the UTIBRON NEOHALER.
Read or download the Full Instructions for Use. Print out a copy to review and keep for reference.
UTIBRON NEOHALER is for maintenance treatment and should be taken 2 times each day to improve symptoms of COPD for better breathing.
UTIBRON NEOHALER is not used to treat sudden symptoms of COPD. Always have a rescue inhaler with you. If you do not have a rescue inhaler, ask your health care provider to have one prescribed for you.